I’m so excited to share that two of my passions – Alzheimer’s and fitness – are coming together! First, a fundraiser sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association called the The Longest Day™ on June 20, 2012. And second, a 90-day fitness challenge sponsored by me called the xFit Alzheimer’s Challenge beginning on March 1, 2012.
What is The Longest Day™
On June 20, 2012, the longest day of the year, teams across the northern hemisphere will participate in a sunrise-to-sunset endurance activity to honor the passion, dedication and strength displayed by people with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers, and to raise funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
This event is about love, patience, strength and endurance — but it’s also about a challenge.
This event allows you and your team to participate with ultimate flexibility. Select an activity and work together to map out a course. The Alzheimer’s Association will help you plan, provide fundraising support and connect you to a virtual community of other participants. They will also be cheering you on throughout The Longest Day!
What is the xFit Alzheimer’s Challenge?
To prepare ourselves to participate in The Longest Day™, I’ve created a 90-day Alzheimer’s Challenge Group that begins March 1, 2012. I’m looking for 1000 people from all across America to join me online as we commit to get healthy by participating in a workout program for 90-days. We’ll track our progress along the way, hold each other accountable, and motivate, inspire, and encourage each other to achieve amazing results. MOST IMPORTANTLY, we’ll be prepared to CRUSH our endurance event on June 20th!
Call to Action
- Choose your 90-day workout program. It can be anything really – running, biking, swimming, cross training, whatever … Ideally though, I would like you to choose a Beachbody Challenge Pack because as a Beachbody Coach your orders support my business which helps me to continue to care for Debbie at home. By the way, for those who don’t know Debbie is the reason for my Alzheimer’s passion as she is in the final stages of the disease having been diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s in 2007.
- If you need a better reason than that to buy – these are premier workout programs that focus on strength, cardio, flexibility, and nutrition; Shakeology is premium nutrition; you receive FREE coaching from me throughout your program; plus you’re eligible for cash rewards just for working out.
- The Challenge Packs save you up to $45, ship FREE, and have a 30-day money back guarantee. They are well worth the investment – heck, I’ve done P90X three times now– so far!
- There are Challenge Packs for beginners, intermediate, advanced, and elite levels. There are specialized programs like “Project You Type 2″ created with the American Diabetes Association.
- If you need help deciding which Challenge Pack is right for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me so we can figure it out together.
Win, Win, Win
This is a win for everyone involved!
- It’s a win for the Alzheimer’s Association because it creates local and national awareness as well as much needed funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research.
- It’s a win for Debbie and me, because your Challenge Pack orders help my business which helps me continue to care for Debbie at home.
- Most importantly, it’s a win for you because at the end of 90 days, you could be in the best shape of your life! See my P90X transformation here.
To summarize, my Alzheimer’s Challenge is a 90-day challenge to prepare ourselves to participate in The Longest Day™ event on June 20, 2012 sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association.
In closing, if you decide not to be a part of my Alzheimer’s Challenge, please find a way to participate in The Longest Day™ event on June 20, 2012. Or if you can’t, sponsor someone who is.
Share this post
I hope you enjoyed this post, The Longest Day™ – xFit Alzheimer’s Challenge. If you received ANY value from this post, please share it using the social media buttons below. And, I’d love to hear any comments, or questions you may have. Thanks!